Hi,

So I received a warning when I was on chrome that some malware has been detected. I downloaded "Android Anti Virus" then turned off wifi and mobile data. After running a scan it told me malware has been detected in the photo editor app that comes standard with the phone.

I have disabled the photo editor app.

Should I do a factory reset? Or is there anything else I should do? I use my phone a lot for banking etc.

Thanks in advance
    11-04-2014 11:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, that initial warning you got while browsing was almost certainly a scareware ad--a fake "warning" about a virus that just tries to get you to install an app. This Android Anti Virus app you installed may or may not be legit. I would uninstall it immediately. If you find that you can't, go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see if it's listed there. If so, make sure it's unchecked, then try to uninstall it again.

Afterwards, install a legitimate antivirus app like Malwarebytes or Avast, and run a scan to make sure that other app didn't leave behind any malicious resiude.
    11-05-2014 12:15 AM
    I run both Avast and Malwarebytes, on different nights, once a week each, Sometimes one catches what the other misses. (They run when I'm asleep.)
    11-05-2014 12:17 AM