Why won't my phone recognize any SD Card?

Julio Laky

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Phone won't recognize any SD Card

Hi people, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Advance, the problem is that doesn't detect any SD Card. I upgraded from 2.3 to 4.1 (update release from my carrier using a software called KIES), i dont known if with 2.3 would have worked because i didnt have an sd card at that moment. Any idea?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone won't recognize any SD Card

Your English is fine. (If I know any words in your language, it's probably not enough to make a whole sentence.)

Get a USB adapter for the card if you don't have one. (Look on Amazon or eBay - they're very cheap.) Plug the card into a laptop or desktop. See if that computer sees the card. If not, the card is bad. (Yes, you can have 10 cards and all of them can be bad.) If the card is good, format it (right-click on it/Format) as FAT32 and the phone should at least be able to recognize it - unless the computer shows an error during formatting (which can happen with really cheap cards).

I'd recommend restarting into recovery and formatting it in the phone before using it - there's a slight difference between formatting it in the computer and formatting it in the phone. It will probably work if formatted in the computer, but it's easy to eliminate any problems that not formatting it in the phone might cause - by just formatting it in the phone.

If a computer can't recognize the card, I'd suggest buying better cards. SanDisk makes the chips inside the cards as well as the cards (and they invented the technology), so they're probably your best bet. (Samsung is the other chip manufacturer but I find SanDisk an easier company to work with if there's a problem.) The cards are a little more expensive (a lot more if you're buying the cheapest ones you can find), but having a card work without a problem for years is worth it. (I still have some old data on a 256MB SanDisk card and it still works fine. My memory isn't good enough to tell you how old it is, but it's many years old.)

Julio Laky

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone won't recognize any SD Card

Your English is fine. (If I know any words in your language, it's probably not enough to make a whole sentence.)

Get a USB adapter for the card if you don't have one. (Look on Amazon or eBay - they're very cheap.) Plug the card into a laptop or desktop. See if that computer sees the card. If not, the card is bad. (Yes, you can have 10 cards and all of them can be bad.) If the card is good, format it (right-click on it/Format) as FAT32 and the phone should at least be able to recognize it - unless the computer shows an error during formatting (which can happen with really cheap cards).

I'd recommend restarting into recovery and formatting it in the phone before using it - there's a slight difference between formatting it in the computer and formatting it in the phone. It will probably work if formatted in the computer, but it's easy to eliminate any problems that not formatting it in the phone might cause - by just formatting it in the phone.

If a computer can't recognize the card, I'd suggest buying better cards. SanDisk makes the chips inside the cards as well as the cards (and they invented the technology), so they're probably your best bet. (Samsung is the other chip manufacturer but I find SanDisk an easier company to work with if there's a problem.) The cards are a little more expensive (a lot more if you're buying the cheapest ones you can find), but having a card work without a problem for years is worth it. (I still have some old data on a 256MB SanDisk card and it still works fine. My memory isn't good enough to tell you how old it is, but it's many years old.)

Thanks for the answer. The two cards that i tried are sandisk, and they work fine in other phones. But i will try what you told me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084