Why are my images on my Galaxy S3 being damaged?

A

AC Question

I have several images in my gallery, that were taken with the phone that are now damaged and cannot be viewed. At first they are fine, then a few days later, they end up with a small grey square with a white outline of a person in the middle, and what looks like a lightening bolt in place in the top right area of the square, in place of the image. This has happened to hundreds of my photos. What's wrong with it??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you storing your pictures on an SD Card? That's what happens when your pictures get corrupted/damaged. I strongly suggest you start backing up your pictures to a cloud service or your PC since either your SD Card or your internal memory is failing (depending on where your pictures were stored, but it's usually an SD Card issue).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's usually a "look at how cheaply I got this huge SD card" issue, which is one of the reasons I buy only SanDisk cards. My data is worth more than my phone.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
It's usually a "look at how cheaply I got this huge SD card" issue, which is one of the reasons I buy only SanDisk cards. My data is worth more than my phone.

Why I buy only "SanDisk for Android" SD cards. May not be anything extra, but the "for android" eases some worries and plus I haven't had any problems so far.

:knocks on wood:

Me 2 you via Lg0gPro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair