HTC M8 black screen Water damage

A

AC Question

On a very wet night during a firework display I dropped my HTC M8 in the Garden. It was only the following morning after a long hunt and re-tracing my steps that I found the phone lying in the grass soaking wet. The screen was black and the green notification LED was flashing in the speaker. The Phone seems to work fine apart from the screen which remains black. I dried the phone and placed it in a bag of rice for 24hrs and hoped it would come back to life, with no luck!
After a reset (pressing power and volume up for 10 secs) phone boots, makes all the usual sounds, messages and email notifcations start to ping in. Im guessing the phone is working fine apart from the screen.

So my questions :

1. Try as I might when fist found the phone I couldn't switch it off? How with a black screen do you power off the phone ? I held the power button for about 2 mins with no luck. phone stayed power green LED flashing.

2. Many solutions to get the screen working involve factory reset.
How can I back up my phone if when I connect my phone to a computer, it will only become visible when the screen is unlocked ?

3. Any ideas on how to fix the screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze