I have the setting in the Play Store to only download when I am connected to wifi. I have wifi turned on but I am not connected to any networks, however, my phone keeps trying to download updates. I had to force stop Download Manager for the time being but I don't want to leave it like that and I definitely don't want it downloading updates when I am not connected to wifi. Is there a way to correct this?
    indytao likes this.
    11-06-2014 10:47 AM
    If I've understood you correctly, turn wifi off when you're not connected. Only turn it on when you wish to connect, and then anything set to download via wifi-only can proceed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 11:55 AM
    "If I've understood you correctly, turn wifi off when you're not connected. Only turn it on when you wish to connect, and then anything set to download via wifi-only can proceed."

This seems like a work-around and requires just as much manual intervention as turning off Download Manager. Is there not a way to actually fix this error?
    11-06-2014 12:14 PM
    Also that didn't work, the phone still tried to download updates with Wi-Fi turned off.
    11-06-2014 03:06 PM
    I can tell you how it is with me....my phones notify me when apps are waiting to be downloaded. I can then choose to download them via wifi or mobile data. If I turn wifi on, they still wait for me to press the Download or Update button. They never download automatically, possibly because as well as having set to Auto-Update Over Wifi Only in the Play Store settings, I have Notify Me etc ticked as well.
    But if what you're describing is indeed a fault have you tried a Cache and Data Clear and perhaps a Cache Partition wipe?

And by the way, Welcome as a new member.☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 05:20 PM
    Some apps give you a "only download when on wifi" option, some don't. The ones that don't will download if there's an internet connection, even if it's mobile data. Blame the app developer for not giving you the option.
    11-06-2014 11:52 PM