Why is my phone not notifying me of text messages?

A

AC Question

Hi. I have a Galaxy Centura and it doesn't light up when I get a text message. And when I turn the phone on or unlock it it doesn't let me know that I have a text in anyway. I have to actually open my messages every time I turn on the phone just to make sure I didn't miss a text!! HELP!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android devices don't normally turn the screen on for text notifications. You can install an app to do that, like DynamicNotifications. Many Android devices have a little LED light that will flash when you have a a notification, but it appears that the Centura doesn't (presumably because it's a budget/entry-level phone).

As for the actual notifications, are you saying that when you get a text, you don't see a little message notification icon in the top bar? If you don't see it, then open the Messaging app, tap Menu, then Settings, then look at the Notification settings--make sure they're turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding in a 6 year old thread, so it would help if you told us which phone you have and which messaging app you're using. You've already checked the notification settings for that app? And is Do Not Disturb turned on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome