Why LG G3 won't download contacts to 2003 Lincoln?

A

AC Question

Why LG G3 won't download contacts to 2003 Lincoln

OK, so I know this isn't a question. I'm posting an answer to a problem that I hope to save other people a LOT of time trying to chase down: After spending hours on the phone with the Ford Sync people as well as Verizon, AND going to both the dealership and Verizon stores twice, I was just told by a Sync person on the "Customer Relations" line that although my new LG G3 can pair to my 2008 Lincoln MKX it won't download the phonebook or history because the bluetooth technology of the phone surpasses that in the car. There's a software update available at the dealership (for $187--that's no typo!) but according to the Sync person, he doubts if that will help. The Samsung S5 and the Apple 6, as well as the LG G2, will all work...but for some reason, the LG G3 won't. This is day 34 from the time I purchased the phone and Verizon won't help me with an exchange HOWEVER....thank goodness I purchased the phone at COSTCO as they give you 90 (ninety) days, not 30 like Verizon, to exchange the phone. SO, I'm trading this puppy in for another new phone. THANKS, COSTCO!! (PS...an additional plus to buying from Costco---they only charge the tax on the PURCHASE PRICE of the phone NOT the full retail price as does everyone else. So, I paid tax on $99 instead of $599!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781