Is the Google Calendar 5.0 available?

A

AC Question

Google Calendar 5.0

I read that the Google Calendar version 5.0 was available. I went to the play store and searched for calendar. After installing and opening it, I'm not seeing anything new. The interface looks exactly the same as the default calendar that's installed on the Droid Maxx. In other words, the Google Calendar I downloaded looks nothing like the screenshots posted over at Android Police. Do I need to install the new calendar via a different method?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar 5.0

Welcome to Android Central! Like all other Google apps, the Calendar update will go out in a rolling fashion, depending on your device. It doesn't have to do with what region of the country you're in--it probably has more to do with some unique identifier for your phone. Just wait--it'll get to you, probably within the next week.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I posted the question about the new Google calendar. The apk file is available. Could I just update the calendar through the apk file?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, you can do that as well. Just be aware that it's slightly riskier to install an apk file manually, since you can't be entirely sure about the integrity of the person who posted it.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I downloaded the new calendar again, and this time I got the new version. Now the only problem I have is that any event I enter is duplicated. Is there a way to remind remove the default calendar or do I have to wait for an update to come?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon