Droid Turbo defective battery? any one see this?....

A

AC Question

after a week of owning it. battery went from 30% to 0% instantly. Tried turbo charger for first time (was using inductive plate) and went from 0 to 100% in 1 minute. Then stops charging.

As soon as i unplug the charger, the phone quickly starts dying, in less than 10 minutes.

Clearly something wrong with battery/circuitry. just curious if anyone else has seen this problem??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No - and charging at more than 1C (which turbo charging does) is a great advertising gimmick and also a great way to sell batteries. Rapid charging of lithium batteries is a great way to kill them.

Moto Edit

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
YES! My wife's turbo just did the same thing. She has had it for about a week, and uses the wireless charger at night. Got up this morning, and it went from 100% battery to shutting down in a very short time (a minute?). She turned it back on, and it said 46%. A couple minutes later, it was at 2% and shutting down. She went in to work, and put it on her car charger, and called me from it.

She is at work at the moment, and I'm waiting to hear back from her with what's going on with it.

It's frustrating, because she is the type of person to be REALLY frustrated with technological issues. She's a bit of an analog girl in a digital world. If she has to get a replacement phone, I may steer her toward the GS5. As much as I would love to love that turbo, I fear a build quality issue....and everyone that has a Samsung seems to love it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
YES! My wife's turbo just did the same thing. She has had it for about a week, and uses the wireless charger at night. Got up this morning, and it went from 100% battery to shutting down in a very short time (a minute?). She turned it back on, and it said 46%. A couple minutes later, it was at 2% and shutting down.
Sounds as if the battery is developing a dendrite when it's charging. (See this article - notice the "particularly when the battery is cycled at a fast rate" - that's turbo charging.)

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My fiances did this also just now. She put it on the wireless charger & went to bed. Woke up & it was 100% few mins later it was completely dead. She threw it on the adapter & its charging now normally. I believe its this wireless charger.

Edit: its at 79% now, & off the charger working perfectly fine.
Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon