Hi guys...

BlackBerry user of 7 years or so... pretty much have decided to go with Android. BUT I am stuck deciding between Nexus 6 or Note 4, or maybe Moto X 2014.

So, one thing I really like about the Note 4 is that it can take an SD card. And the S-Pen intrigues me. But how fast could I get Lollipop on it? I'd be somewhat willing to use "easy hackery" to get there.

As far as the Nexus 6; I like the idea wireless charging and stock non-bloated Android.

Moto X, pretty awesome and cheaper than the above? ...plus some cool Moto apps.

HELP!
    11-07-2014 12:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! System updates depend on both the manufacturer and the carrier, because modifications have to be made to the code that Google puts out to account for all of the variations of hardware and software. Motorola is probably the quickest when it comes to updates. Samsung is pretty good, although they make so many different kinds of devices, that they can't guarantee sustained updates for all devices--usually just the flagship devices. HTC is also decent. Not sure about LG or Sony.

In terms of carriers, Verizon has historically been the slowest, although they've been better lately.
    11-07-2014 01:17 AM