Why is my phone restarting on its own?

A

AC Question

Why is my phone restarting on its own

Dear All,

i updated my phone to use Kitkat android and since then it has been restarting on its own.

please advice if i could reinstall the jellybean again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my phone restarting on its own

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Was this an official over-the-air update, or did you root the phone and install a custom ROM?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Which carrier do you have? Let them know their update is causing the phone to malfunction, and ask for a replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

James_Watson

Banned
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I had updated to android 4.4, too. But my mobile is stable.
So I think perhaps you should check whether you have installed some bad apps. Just for your reference. Good weekend.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Over-the-air updates for phones typically have to go through both the manufacturer and the carrier, because both have to modify the basic code from Google in order to accommodate the phone's specific hardware as well as any carrier-provided software. If you bought the phone unlocked, not from a carrier, that's when the update would be straight from the manufacturer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

DRM is Digital Rights Management, and has to do with copy-protected media (like movies or music). Some devices might have a system app that deals with DRM, but not all. Go to Settings>Apps>All​, and look for one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci