Why doesn't my phone work after restore?

A

AC Question

Phone doesn't work after restore

I couldn't hear callers on my Verizon Samsubg phone, so did a restore to default as suggested. When prompyed to hit 'send' at the end, there was no 'send' button showibg. Now the phone doesn't work at all. Is it fixable?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone doesn't work after restore

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you say "restore to default," do you mean a factory data reset? What are you trying to find a Send button--the texting app, or email, or the phone dialer?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone doesn't work after restore

If it was Verizon that told you to do a restore, it's their problem now. Bring the phone in to them.

If not, and the phone is still under warranty, it's still their problem. Bring the phone in to them. Doing a factory restore does not void the warranty, it's a user function.

If not, flashing the stock ROM should fix it. Download Kies - Windows and MacOS, go to SamMobile Firmwares and download the image for your particular model number phone (not "S3", but "N7100", or whatever phone you have), find the file for Verizon and download it. Run Kies, go to Tools and there's an update item. Update the phone. (If there's no Verizon file, do not use the file for another carrier. That can turn your phone into a box of useless parts.) You can still go to Verizon and see if they'll reflash the phone for free, or for a small charge - if you don't want to do it yourself, or you can't find a file to do it with.

And in the future, don't listen to anyone but Verizon, so if it doesn't work, they have to fix it. (Any time you talk to anyone at Verizon, record names, times and dates. Even if it's in the store. If someone in the store told you something, that's Verizon telling it to you. When you later tell them that Mary, on this date, at this time, told you to do that, you'll have a much stronger case than "someone here told me to do this about a month ago".)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow