I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH L710 and I have been trying to find a way to flash it over to a different carrier because sprint says I can't get it unlocked for use in the US but I can for international. I have already been successful at rooting it with no problem. I am pretty god with computers, or I thought I was until this issue came up LOL. If you can give me some advice or suggest where I can get the software to do it I would be eternally thankful. I want to flash to Straighttalk, with no sim card slot available that is my only other choice beside Boost and my nephew prefers Straighttalk.
    11-07-2014 12:21 PM
    If it's on Sprint it's a CDMA phone. The only other carrier in the US that used CDMA technology is Verizon and they won't let you use Sprint phones. Evenif they "unlocked" it, Verizon wouldn't allow you to use it on their towers.

You may be able to use the phone on Straight Talk using Sprint as the carrier, but that's up to Sprint. (Straight Talk is a network operator - they use AT&T, Sprint, TMobile and Verizon as their carriers.) Same with Boost - it's up to Sprint.

You can - if you want to violate a few federal laws - clone the phone to a Verizon phone (which you should then NEVER use), but if you're caught, they usually don't allow inmates to have cellphones. It's not possible to turn it into a GSM (AT&T or TMobile) phone without replacing almost all the parts inside it. It's like "flashing" a radio into a TV - you remove the radio parts and put TV parts into the cabinet. (It's cheaper to buy an equivalent GSM phone than to turn a CDMA phone into a GSM phone.)
    11-07-2014 01:53 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH L710 and I have been trying to find a way to flash it over to a different carrier because sprint says I can't get it unlocked for use in the US but I can for international. I have already been successful at rooting it with no problem. I am pretty god with computers, or I thought I was until this issue came up LOL. If you can give me some advice or suggest where I can get the software to do it I would be eternally thankful. I want to flash to Straighttalk, with no sim card slot available that is my only other choice beside Boost and my nephew prefers Straighttalk.
    Here's what you need to do if you want to try and flash it to Straight Talk.
    1. Go to straighttalk.com.
    2. There's a place on the site that will let you know if the phone will be able to be flashed to the Straight Talk network.
    3. You will need to put the IMEI and zip code in and it will let you know if your phone can be flashed to Straight Talk.
    11-17-2014 01:46 PM
    3. You will need to put the IMEI and zip code in and it will let you know if your phone can be flashed to Straight Talk.
    It won't be flashed, it'll either be accepted or it won't. (Flashing to a new carrier with a CDMA phone means creating a clone of a phone already on that carrier, and since it's illegal no site is going to do it, even if it were technically possible, which it isn't.)
    11-17-2014 03:04 PM
    I was just giving them where they could at least check and see if the phone is able to be activated on their network. I don't know anything about cloning phones and the legality of this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Tapatalk app.
    11-17-2014 05:46 PM