Why am I getting the error message Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-30]?

A

AC Question

Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-30]

I tried googling this problem, but all the threads I found have "BPA - 10" or "BPA - 09", not "BPA - 30". I followed the instructions for those other errors (except for deleting my account - I don't want to lose all my contacts and texts) and I'm still in the same boat.

Also, if I do a complete back-up and restore, I might still have the same problem.

The apps that are on the phone have no problem updating; I just can't add new ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

AAldzere

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-30]

Whole day I had this problem, I think that with my phone something happened, but I see that I am not the only one.
Now I tried add another google account and it works. Yeey :)

Alwyn12

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys go into your accounts remove your google account and when you go to the play store log in again with you existing account doesnt need to be anew one and it works or so it has for me

Sameh Anas

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

hello all , i had the same error today but i found the solution , the solution is very easy , change your sign in e-mail for google play ,,
i change my sign in e-mail for google play then try to download and it is working find now ,, try and feed me back ,,, good luck for all

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

It began working again last night. On my tablet, everything was fine. I hadn't touched that.

On the phone--where I'd cleared the cache, and data, rebooted and started over again, once I signed in, it would now give me a list of "ALL" apps, but on the "INSTALLED" tabs where it would typically tell me what needed to be updated--and before the problem, there were about 8 of them--nothing appeared and it kept having a progress indicator circle run around. I.e, it was not loading the data.

As a test, I went to one app, Gmail, that I knew had to be updated. I accessed it from the "ALL" TAB, since it was not possible to do from the "needs update" part of the "INSTALLED" tab, where it would normally appear. I clicked "update" from its own Play Store page. It updated fine. Now, that app and that app alone was listed on the "INSTALLED" tab as "recently updated."

So, in theory it's working--but it's not automatically going through my list of apps and notifying me of what I need to update. It's NOT giving me the "update all" button.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

goochyb

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I found mine had become set to 'automatically update' rather than staying on manual update, although that might not be connected.

I also had the spinning circle on the installed tab last night while it was having problems, but it seems to be back to normal now. I was already up to date, so I have yet to determine whether it will show me apps that need updating or not

wiiguy8083

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I tried downloading apps a few hours ago and it had started working for me again - it might have been something to do with me changing the Play Store account to my secondary (no credit card) account before turning it off for the night. When I turned it on 4hrs ago (9.15 GMT) I switched the account on the Play Store back to my main account and voila, it was working again. Not entirely sure whether that made a difference, or whether it had just been resolved overnight (for some people at least), or maybe it was just me turning it off and on again that fixed it....

dre 13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Hey peeps so I was experiencing the same issue since 3pm yesterday UK time. We can all read what other people say and do but the fact of the matter is that all android devices are different and may have a certain way to rectify the issue. just like in any case when I experienced some issues I called google play store direct (UK branch - 08003286081) I explained to them the problems I was having, firstly they told me not to worry and that they will have my service restored in under 5mins which sounded promising. The friendly guy then went on to explain to me the procedure I had to follow according to my handset and software version. In my case it was that my account hadn't been sync with Google servers for some time therefore it automatically disabled my account.

I was instructed to clear my google services framework data, restart my phone, remove my account (remember backup 1st) then re-add my account. And in that order. My service was then restored and working perfectly.

But again this is subject to your handset and software version I'm on kitkat 4.4.4. Samsung S5 so best to just call them up and let them deal with it that's their job after all....

Make sure you backup prior to removing account, although is pre-ticked as a fail safe just make sure.

This credit card haking is a myth according to Google, the guy on the phone said if there was any issue with customers CC details they would not leave them without an explanation for over 24 hours.

Hope this helps

; )

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: H

The remnant problem I described in my post 46 has now gone away. I guess at some point Play Store simply updated itself and then restored my list and started automatically updating. Once it did that, the "installed" list came back. Problem solved.

AsiEs LaVida

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

so i spent an hour and a half (thats not counting the time i spent on my own trying to fix it) with a google tech trying to fix this problem doing everything they cd give me so i decided to make a new google account and boom i cd down load again they are investigating why it wd not work after doing everything they said to do I'm looking forward to hearing back from them... so if you don't mind making a new account save your time and just make a new one and just move everything over, i will update on what they tell me so in future it will be easy

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

so i spent an hour and a half (thats not counting the time i spent on my own trying to fix it) with a google tech trying to fix this problem doing everything they cd give me so i decided to make a new google account and boom i cd down load again they are investigating why it wd not work after doing everything they said to do I'm looking forward to hearing back from them... so if you don't mind making a new account save your time and just make a new one and just move everything over, i will update on what they tell me so in future it will be easy

I am getting this error message now as well and cannot download anything from the app store from my phone or online. If I create a new google account, aren't I going to lose all my contact information?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I am getting this error message now as well and cannot download anything from the app store from my phone or online. If I create a new google account, aren't I going to lose all my contact information?

I presume there is an import procedure, but my account is tied to SO many things...I'd be really reluctant to do that unless there was literally no choice.

Benjamin Moreau

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Excuse me, how to reboot google play services?

UPD: already figured it out.
Done everything, removed and added google account, even reset the device completely. After that few apps installed, then everything went wrong again.

Last edited:

david007co

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the same error today. It have been 12 hours since it started and it keeps going. I did all the workarounds suggested on the web and nothing fixed it. Im going to add a secondary account and try, but this should be temporary cause my primary account is the one I want for google services.

:cool:

david007co

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of working for me now. This is what I did:

-Added a secondary account. As soon as I did it, everything started to update.
-I tried to download a new app, and it let me do it without problome, and did it with my primary account.

It seems, that adding another, fixed the primary account.