My Note 3, at least once a day, throws a fit and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my wifi...and it rrmains stable for the rest of the day... it's the only device that does this.

I have network smart switch option off and I tried every suggestion I could find in the forums...

Any help apreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 08:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Although you may have really tried everything, it helps for you to say what you've tried. Otherwise, people might not respond, because they'll assume you've already tried what they might suggest.

Review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    TheOriginalWolfman likes this.
    11-07-2014 09:17 PM
    Thank u for replying and good point...I should have mentioned what I already tried...

So I tried everything that was in the guide in your link...and I also reset my router and it's not giving me any problems with my laptop, desktop or ipad...just the Note 3

It's driving me insane...it was disconnected again as I was posting this 😔

Help!

11-07-2014 10:03 PM
    Do you know if your DHCP range is big enough to accommodate all of your devices? That is, are there enough potential IP addresses allocated? Make sure you didn't make the range something like 192.168.0.1 to 192.16.0.5, because then you only have 5 possible devices to connect at a time. You can allocate as many as 255, I think.
    11-07-2014 10:26 PM
    It's from 192.168.1.2 until 192.168.254

And lease time is 24h if that makes a difference

11-08-2014 04:22 AM
    Ok, and you've already looked for any "Avoid weak connections" settings? Or "Wi-fi Optimization"?
    11-08-2014 10:41 AM
    Yes sir, I unchecked all wifi settings that would automatically switch or disconnect from networks

11-08-2014 04:22 PM
    What about other wi-fi networks, like the local Starbucks?
    11-08-2014 08:37 PM
    I didn't see this behaviour on other wifi networks...but then again, I never stayed connected to other wifi networks for extended periods of time like I do at home

Btw, I really appreciate the time and effort you're putting in to help me out

11-08-2014 09:19 PM
    Sure thing!

When you get a chance, try using a different wi-fi network for an extended period of time, and see if you have problems. If not, at least we've narrowed it down to your home network, and probably something about your router. It would be ideal if you could try setting up a new router for your home network.
    11-08-2014 09:42 PM
    Last night I tried disconnecting all other devices from my router except for the Note 3 to rule out possible conflicts but the problem still occured.

the wifi is extremely stable throughout the rest of the day, and signal strength is always very strong. It just seems like once a day (sometimes twice a day, other times every 2 days) something suddenly keeps kicking my phone out of wifi.

Anyhow, I'll try a different router and other networks and post the results

11-09-2014 09:12 AM
    Well I failed to duplicate the problem on other networks...but the good news is that I got disconnected (only for a couple of seconds) from my wifi only once in the past 4 days...that seems like progress, but I still can't find the culprit.

11-14-2014 07:09 PM
    How attached are you to your current router? Maybe a new router might help.
    11-15-2014 01:48 AM
    Planning on it my good sir...I was just hoping to understand the problem as it works perfectly fine with all my other devices...old and new!!

11-18-2014 02:55 PM
    How attached are you to your current router? Maybe a new router might help.
    Actually, maybe an old router would help. I couldn't get pictures to load in Facebook and my downloads were slow - on both my Note 3 and my wife's - so it wasn't the phones. I didn't realize it until yesterday, but it started with 4.4.2, and after the old WRT54GS went and we replaced it with a new router, an EA4500.

Unplugged the new router and set up an old WRT54G that my grandson found out in the woods (where some "nice" people dump their trash) about 2 years ago. So bad I had to give it a few alcohol baths to get rid of the mold and moss (and other things you don't want to hear about). That's the router I'm using now and, aside from the fact that the antennas are both broken, so the range is barely past our property, but I'm not complaining - I don't need it past our property. I haven't even replaced the case - it's sitting out there naked and I'm still getting 14.4mbps down, 2.66 up and 43ms ping - and there's no server close by, which slows the test down. (I'm paying for 10mbps down.)

There's something wrong with the Note 3 4.4 wifi firmware. I'm not the only one who's reported problems with a Note 3 on 4.4 with wifi problems with new routers (Linksys and D-Link, which used to be what routers were measured by). Everything else, laptops, Chromebooks, desktops, other phones - work fine. The Note 3 has a problem since 4.4.

Go to Amazon and look for a WRT54G. They have some reconditioned ones for under $30. That will probably solve your problem.

Let's hope that someone finds a way of rooting and Safestrapping Lollipop on this phone, or I'm stuck on 4.4 with a bug that probably won't ever get addressed.
    11-18-2014 03:20 PM
    I believe it is a problem with note 3 kitkat problem too...so many people are having the same issue.
    But I think lollipop will make its way to Note 3 soon...hopefully early or at least mid 2015.

11-20-2014 09:26 AM
    Not mine. Hashcode is too busy to rewrite Safestrap for it, and as far as I've heard, no one can root Lollipop with Knox safely (or at all), so I don't know if Safestrap 3.75 will run on Lollipop (and I won't run without root or Safestrap - reflashing the whole ROM when I do something stupid wastes too much time). I can do what I want on 4.4.2 and from what I've seen here, although I'm all in favor of hiring the mentally deranged, letting them design "Material" was a mistake. And with a spare battery, I don't need the increased battery life - I never run through 2 batteries in one day. (And buying another 2 batteries for $25, if I needed even more power, doesn't remove root.)

Unless there's an app I absolutely can't live without, and it can't run on KK, this phone is staying on 4.4.2 until it has to be replaced (and I'm pretty good with my phones - my spare is a V-551, still in perfect shape, including the spare battery, after 10 years). And if Samsung is still welding the firmware shut with a torch at that time, they won't ever see a dime of my money again, no matter how much use I get out of the S-Pen (and I do). Give me an HTC M8 with a user-replaceable battery and I'd be on it like white on rice. (Rooting and/or ROMing don't void the warranty? That's my kind of company. Just give me multi-boot capability, like Safestrap.)
    TheOriginalWolfman likes this.
    11-20-2014 04:56 PM