We can't get out of the emergency call screen. We have tried every button and shut the phone off only to restart and get the same emergency screen. HELP!
    11-08-2014 10:22 AM
    Is there, by any chance, an alert in the status bar saying there is no SIM card in the phone? Or any kind of No Sim card popup when you restarted it? Not often, but sometimes a knock or a drop can dislodge it. Turn the phone off, remove the SIM card and place it back in position. Hold it by the edges and don't let the metal contact surface get scratched or dirty.

If that doesn't work, stop into your carrier's phone store & they'll replace the SIM.
    11-08-2014 07:59 PM
    But first restart the phone in Safe Mode (read the manual for the particular phone or search the web for starting that phone in safe mode) then restart it normally. Safe mode sometimes turns off emergency mode if it was put there accidentally.

Then if it doesn't work, take it to your carrier. It could be a bad SIM card, but it could also be the information about your account in their computer. If the SIM isn't listed for your account you'll only be able to make emergency calls (and human beings have been known to screw things up).
    11-08-2014 09:34 PM