I have a myTouch Q (yeah, I know) and am ready to switch up to a Nexus 6. This is my first switch, though, so I have no idea what this would involve. Do I just pull out my SIM card from my old phone and stick it into the new one?
    11-08-2014 03:08 PM
    Usually, popping the SIM out of the old and into the new is all it takes. But given the age and specs of your phone, your SIM card probably isn't LTE ready for the Nexus 6. I don't know if it would be even the same size to fit. You can try this, but it's more likely you need to call your carrier (T Mobile, right?) and get a new SIM card. But the Nexus 6 would also work with AT&T and any of the others which use GSM networks, like straight talk. So if you are not bound by a contract, you can experiment. There may be a modest charge for a new SIM card (although your present carrier might waive it if you ask nicely).
    11-08-2014 03:51 PM
    Pretty much as KCAndroid said (the Q uses a microSIM, the Nexus uses a nanoSIM, so even an adapter wouldn't work), but just walk the phones into a carrier store and ask if they can switch your account over to the SIM in the new phone. (It should come with a SIM.) They might tell you that they have to put one of theirs in it, but they probably won't charge you for it. (The salesdroid's time to put the new SIM into your phone is worth more than the SIM, they're so cheap.)
    11-08-2014 05:12 PM
    I just got a new Nexus 5 from Google and it did not come with a SIM. So the 6 may not either - the carrier will take care of it.
    11-08-2014 07:00 PM
    Yep. I don't know TMobile - it's been about a decade since I was a dealer of theirs - but AT&T will give you a SIM if you need one. (I wanted to use an old flip phone while they were repairing my Note 3 in the back - they gave me a SIM to use for about half an hour. For free. As I recall, we got TMobile SIMs for free if we asked the rep for them. Not one - he'd hand you a pack of about 25. (I still can't accept that Straight Talk charges $7 for one. That's a $600 hammer.)
    11-08-2014 10:16 PM