Why am I unable to send/receive mms on Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II?

jojobba

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Unable to send/receive mms on Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II

So my Galaxy SII has been working fine. I am with Fido.

My phone doesn't have a data plan so I only get internet when connected to the wireless. I do have unlimited sms and mms and I could send them both when I was connected to the wireless and when I wasn't.

I was using Textra as the messaging app for the last few months. Suddenly I can not send or receive mms. I have uninstalled Textra (I read that texting issues are common with it) but the problem persists. I have turned the device on and off, removed the battery…nothing changes.
I have tried with an older phone (a blackberry) and there is no problems there, everything works and I send and receive mms fine.
I have given root access to Battery Doctor a few days ago (I also just uninstalled it) and Clean Master has root access as well.

I haven't tried restoring to factory settings…I would like to avoid that for now as I don't want to back everything up.

Can anyone help please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unable to send/receive mms on Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II

Can you send/receive mms with the stock messaging, or any other third-party messaging app? If so, then it's likely related to Textra as you mentioned - hopefully an update will fix that if that's the case.

jojobba

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to send/receive mms on Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II

I can't send/receive mms with stock messaging either. :/
When I send it says "sending" and when I receive it says "downloading".

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11