I have an HTC Desire and i broke the screen. I ordered the same phone and i want to transfer everything from the old one to the new one. In order to do this i need to turn on usb debugging but i cannot turn it on with a broken screen. Is there a way to turn it on with out going in to my phone or maybe a way to mirror the phone to my computer?
    11-10-2014 04:01 PM
    You can use an OTG cable (they're about $2 including shipping online) to plug a mouse into the new phone, fasten a pen or pencil to the mouse, run the mouse cursor all th way to one corner (you pick which one), then put the mouse on a piece of paper so that moving the mouse draws a line. Enable USB debugging with the mouse, marking (with another pen) the points at which you had to press the mouse button.

Plug the nouse and cable into the broken phone, pull the mouse cursor to that same corner (a foot up and a foot left would guarantee that you're in the upper left corner, if that's the one you chose - you get the idea). Then put the paper under the mouse, with the pen at the beginning of the line and retrace your steps. USB debugging should be enabled on the broken phone.
    11-10-2014 04:51 PM