AT&T Microcell Issue

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in a metropolitan area with multiple towers within 1½ miles of my house. I used to have 3-4 bars, but reception changed and I started getting only 1-3 bars and poor call quality using my LG G2. AT&T confirmed that there were degraded towers and saw that there were a lot of microcells already in use in my neighborhood. So they gave me a microcell and I set it up, and all is working fine with 4-5 bars all of the time with excellent call quality. The microcell is hooked up to my Verizon Fios high speed router and the microcell is near a window (as instructed).
The one frustrating problem I am having is that one out of about ten calls "drops" the second I answer it. The person can call me back and it always connects with no problem the second time. I cannot figure out what is causing the "dropped" calls nor could AT&T tech support. I have had dropped calls from callers who were using cell phones and also from land lines. (I did exchange the microcell for another one, but the problem happened with both microcells.)
I would be very thankful if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, as I have "dropped" a few very important calls and it has become very frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your calls are going over the internet via VoIP. Something there is causing them to drop. Nothing AT&T can do about it, since you have Verizon internet.

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not an AT&T customer, but when I was with Sprint, I had to use an Airave to get reception in my house. Had U-verse internet. After months of the same issue, it was concluded that the router would update IP addresses out of the blue, which caused the Airave to lose sync, thus dropping the VoIP convention. I called AT&T, and they had to send an update to the router. That lasted about two weeks, the issues started again. They had to finally send me another router. That finally solve the problem. Not for sure if this will help you, but it might be worth giving verizon a call to see if they can reset the router.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not an AT&T customer, but when I was with Sprint, I had to use an Airave to get reception in my house. Had U-verse internet. After months of the same issue, it was concluded that the router would update IP addresses out of the blue, which caused the Airave to lose sync, thus dropping the VoIP convention. I called AT&T, and they had to send an update to the router. That lasted about two weeks, the issues started again. They had to finally send me another router. That finally solve the problem. Not for sure if this will help you, but it might be worth giving verizon a call to see if they can reset the router.

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.

Posted via Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally found a solution for this issue, so I thought I would post it just in case anyone else has this same problem.
I decided to try a new phone (Note 4) to see if that helped, and (believe it or not) I have not had a single "dropped" call!
So it might have been a specific incompatibility issue with my LG G2 and the microcell or, more likely, the new SIM card on the new phone fixed the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae