I have an HTC One M7, it is a Verizon variant from a local phone company. Headsets will not work for calling, when I plug them in the call will go to speaker and won't let me change it. I contacted the phone company and they tell me the phone is supposed to be like that because the beats audio. I ended up dropping that phone on accident and got it replaced with another m7 with the same problem. I have also updated it to the android 4.4 which didn't fix it. I also contacted HTC and they told me to root it and get a custom Rom to try to fix the issue but I still have it. The headset symbol pops up for a brief second then changes to a weird symbol that looks like a phone laying down with 2 rows of lines underneath it. Any suggestions to fix this please?
    11-11-2014 08:08 AM
    weird problem !!!
    11-11-2014 10:45 AM
    I also contacted HTC and they told me to root it and get a custom Rom to try to fix the issue
    And they're the only company that won't void the warranty if you do.

Any suggestions to fix this please?
    Try a few different M7 forums (the XDA one in particular) and see if anyone has developed a ROM that fixes the problem.

I'd say put HTC on your list of "never do business with" (you can't use headphones, we just had some spare headphone jacks so we stuck them into our phones"?), but their "root it or flash a ROM and we'll still warranty it" policy makes me not want to do that. I want the rest of the industry to start thinking HTC's way. And whoever implemented Beats Audio in their phones to do it the right way.
    11-11-2014 02:20 PM