Hello, before I always tried to unplug my phone as soon I saw a 100% in the indicator, but now in order to be able to have a full day of battery I need to unplug it almost a minute before I go out of my house. In order to do that I am now plugging the phone at night usually with a 5-10% and unplug it at the morning, after 6-8 hours of charging.

My phone is a moto x without the possibility to change the battery down the road, so this matter for me.
    11-11-2014 09:00 AM
    As long as you start charging it when it's at about 40%-60% charge, it doesn't matter how long it's plugged in (and I mean for months). The battery will stop charging when it's fully charged. (Lithium batteries self-discharge, so if yours self-discharges enough to trigger the charging circuit - about 0.025% - during the night, it'll charge back up to full.)

The problem is charging it every night whether it needs it or not, or letting it discharge so far that it shortens the life. But the only danger with leaving the charger plugged in for a long time is that the longer any electrical appliance is plugged in, the better the chance that it'll malfunction in a way that causes a fire. Your TV, your toaster, your phone charger - they're all the same in that regard. And you don't unplug everything unless you're using it - that's paranoic.

(BTW, the battery can be changed - just not by the casual user. Replacement batteries are available and a shop can replace one for you (it just costs more than flipping the back cover off). But, since you do want maximum battery life down the road, charge at the 40%-60% point as much as possible. If you need more use than that before charging, carry one of those external battery packs with you. (People always write that the Zerolemon batteries are good. I never use one because I can open my phone and switch to a spare, but I've never read a bad review about Zerolemon.)
    11-11-2014 10:42 AM
    I agree with the reply above
    11-11-2014 11:42 AM