Why do I have duplicated icons on my notification bar?

EmilyOfTheSun

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Duplicated icons on notification bar

The notification panel is showing double images of the icons. It started happening ever since 2:31pm, so when I see the time, the current time is displayed bUT it's on top of the 2:31 time stamp. I can provide a screen shot. The same with the other icons. I was out earlier so I was using 4g, and when I came home and connected to wifi, I see the wifi symbol but its on top of the 4G symbol from earlier. I've tried restarting the phone, powering it completely off then back on. I also reset the notification panel (even tho I never changed it in the first place). If I have an app open it goes back to normal. The "double vision" only occurs on the home screen/aditional app screens. Btw this is a Note 4

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re: Duplicated icons on notification bar

Welcome to Android Central! The last time I read about this, the person had set up a wallpaper that was a screenshot--but the screenshot included the notification bar as well. So the actual notification bar was superimposed on the screenshot's bar. Could that be the case?

If not, try wiping the cache partition: Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910) | T-Mobile Support

If that doesn't help, then go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Be aware that this will reset your homescreens to factory default, so you'll have to set up your icons, folders, and widgets all over again.

David Bohnsack

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Duplicated icons on notification bar

I had the same problem. It turns out i had set up a wallpaper that was a screenshot--and the screenshot included the notification bar as well. So the actual notification bar was superimposed on the screenshot's bar.

Thanks for the post. I'm so glad I landed here the first try to fix my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674