If I stopped using a handset, how do I recover android device manager history?

Nehan Parhawk

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a phone that was stolen a while back, but I need location history for that phone for a legal matter.
The device does not show up on the drop-down to select the handset. How can I recover the data?
I can find the history on Google Location History, but it's incomplete and does not show the history past a certain time. I remember seeing it on Android Device Manager.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a phone that was stolen a while back, but I need location history for that phone for a legal matter.
The device does not show up on the drop-down to select the handset. How can I recover the data?
I can find the history on Google Location History, but it's incomplete and does not show the history past a certain time. I remember seeing it on Android Device Manager.

Try contacting the carrier or manufacturer for further assistance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
ADM will only show the phone history until the thief changes the Google account on it. Then it's no longer the phone you're looking for on ADM, so ADM won't have history on it, it'll have a new history on the phone that's on the new account (which happens to be the same physical phone, but ADM goes by account, not phone).