a few days ago I went to make a call and my phone showed a message saying "turn off airplane mode to place a call". In settings and on the toggle switch airplane mode is shown as being off but still can't make calls or send sms. I tried turning off and on again, factory reset, taking out and replacing sim card, and nothing works. Does anyone know what to do?
    Thanks for your help
    11-11-2014 11:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do your signal bars show good reception? If it persists after a factory reset, it sounds like some kind of hardware issue. The only thing I can suggest apart from contacting Sony would be to boot into Safe Mode, which prevents 3rd party apps from starting up initially. It's possible some app you installed is causing problems, and the factory reset might not have helped if all of your apps automatically reinstalled after the reset (which happens if you have the "Automatically Restore" option turned on in Settings>Backup & Reset).
    11-11-2014 03:06 PM
    Thank you for the suggestions. I just tried turning it on in safe mode and nothing changed. My signal bars don't show me having any service at all... Is there anything else I can do?
    11-12-2014 11:47 AM
    Only have someone put it on a bench and check it out - an independent shop, your carrier, Sony, someone.
    11-12-2014 01:45 PM