Why won't my phone place a call (Samsung S4)?

rockinrealtor

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone won't place a call (Samsung S4)

Hey guys and gals, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have had a Samsung S4 for a about a year and a month ago all of a sudden, when I place a call, it acts like it going to connect but I never hear the ringback tones and when the receiving party answers they can't hear me and I can't hear them answer. It's as if I never successfully placed a call on my end, it jeeps continues to say "dialing". On the other end, the receiving party hears their phone ring but when they answer there is nothing there. I called tech support at Verizon and they thought it was a bad SIM card, so they sent me into the store for a SIM swap. That didn't work, so the tech at the counter ordered a replacement S4 for me. Now I'm sorry to say that it doesn't seem like a phone issue at all, rather an app or something that is causing the problem because I've had my new phone for 2 weeks now, and it just started happening again. I have to reboot my phone each time to make a call. Once I make one call, is starts back doing the same thing. I haven't installed any apps today that were on my phone prior to it happening the first time.

So A. has anyone seem this happening before and if so how'd ya fix it? And B. If not, is there a way I can find out what processes on the phone have happened in a time listed format that I might be able to narrow it down to a particular app possibly? I really don't want to have to go through another hard reset of I don't have to.

Thanks so much you all!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone won't place a call (Samsung S4)

I would try going into Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps, then scroll down to the Phone app. Click on it, then click clear cache. See if that makes a difference.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Two other possibilities - install a different dialer and see if that works.

Have Verizon reprovision your entire account, even if it looks good. (A sales associate at a Verizon store can do that - they may need the manager to give them permission if the provisioning looks okay.)

AmandaSue93

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Please let me know if you find anything that works. I've had this same problem for about 5 months and nothing seems to work, not even factory resetting.