Why is my Phone Memory Full?

Ghostface16

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
"Phone" Memory Full - A very Weird Problem

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum , and this is my first time posting.

I own a Canvas HD a116i , which is giving me a really weird problem. The "Phone" storage is Showing full , and the phone storage limit is 0.99 GB as showed in the Settings> Manage Apps section.

However , my "Internal Memory" has a total storage of 1.76 GB and has 800MB free in it.

I BARELY HAVE ANY APPS INSTALLED , AND I FORMATTED MY PHONE LAST TIME BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM. EVEN WITH JUST A FEW APPS , THE STORAGE WOULD COME FULL, INSUFFICIENT SPACE ERROR WHILE TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM PLAYSTORE, AND NOW AN ERROR KEEPS POPPING UP EVERY 5 SECONDS, SAYING INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE , CLOSING APPLICATION.

I am temporarily managing by clearing the cache of facebook and chrome , but i'll be going on a vacation on the 14th , and i need a few apps installed for that.

I have the following apps installed:
-Facebook
-Instagram
-What's App
-Retrica
-Snap Chat
-Camera 360
-Google Chrome

I have tried:

1.Formatting My Phone
2.Formatting both internal and SD card
3.Clearing cache of google play store and google services
4.deleting as many as apps as possible and keeping only the essentials

-My phone is NOT ROOTED
-I have a 16GB class 10 Micro SD card
-Running on stock Android 4.2.1
-There are no updates for the phone so far

Why is there a seperate "Phone" memory and "Internal" Storage. I have been trying to solve this problem for a few weeks now , and decided to come here.

Any help would be apprieciated :)

[Screenshots coming soon]....

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

So far as I can see the basic problem is the limited free internal storage of your phone model. It's not only apps that will be using it, but your personal data, photos and so on.
An SD card will not, so far as I know, allow you to use its storage space for more apps, because I believe that only some limited app data is storable on an SD card.
But by all means send the screenshots.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: