I have recently purchased a HTC One M8 and added a number of apps.
    I have enabled push notifications for a number of apps and I am getting the expected notifications for some of them, but getting no notifications at all for others.

So for example, I am not getting a notification when someone messages me on Google Hangouts. Now sound or vibration and no icon at the top of the screen. The only way I become aware of being messaged is by opening the app and looking.
    It is the same for Sky Sports Football Centre. I have set up notifications to get score updates for my team and for a few days it worked and now nothing.
    There are several other examples of this but what is strange is that for apps such as Facebook and Whatsapp and NFL Mobile I do get notifications come through.
    Anyone know why this would be and if it is something I can fix?

Cheers
    Steve
    11-13-2014 05:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, go to those app that aren't giving you notifications, and open their respective menus. Look in the settings for the notification options, and make sure they're properly turned on.

If they are, then go to Settings>Data Usage, and select one of those apps. Make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't checked.
    11-14-2014 12:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, go to those app that aren't giving you notifications, and open their respective menus. Look in the settings for the notification options, and make sure they're properly turned on.

If they are, then go to Settings>Data Usage, and select one of those apps. Make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't checked.
    Im still not getting notificactions...
    07-25-2016 08:48 PM
    Does it come back, even if temporarily, after a reboot?
    07-25-2016 10:10 PM