I had a little too much fun this past weekend and dropped my s4 on the ground and I guess it landed in some beer. The phone still works except for the screen, which is completely black. I've already got a new phone (G3) and I'm just missing my contacts.

I was wondering if there was any way I could use voice commands or something to make my way through settings, enable developer options and usb debugging, then use adb to view my screen and backup my contacts to a sd card?

Or just backup my contacts using voice commands?

Thanks in advance
    Sully
    11-13-2014 05:58 PM
    OK I may be able to hwlp , does the digitizer work?, like do you get responds when you touch screen even if is blank?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 06:02 PM
    Here is my idea if the digitizer works, you could put your black screen s4 next to a working s4 and tap a place on the working phone and know where to tap exactly on the blank one, as demonstrated in image below

Attached Thumbnails Transfer contacts with no screen?-23958.jpg  
    11-13-2014 06:07 PM
    Ill give that a shot!
    11-13-2014 06:11 PM
    So I got it working by opening up the developer options and kind of just tapping around in the general areas, but I didn't have my sd card in my phone and when I unplugged it I guess it turns off usb debugging? So now I'm trying to tap around randomly to see if I can get it again with the sd card in.
    11-13-2014 06:42 PM
    Glad I could help

11-13-2014 08:23 PM
    The contacts aren't on the SD card. There are 3 possibilities - they're Google contacts (and are at Google Contacts), they're SIM contacts and are on your SIM card, and will be on it when you put the SIM into the new phone or they're Phone (or Device) contacts, which don't depend on the SD card being in the phone.

BTW, beer rots a phone pretty quickly, so don't take too long getting those contacts off. Yeast eats the protective covering on the copper, and the beer etches the copper right off the phone.

This is a good reason that you should enter ALL your contacts as Google contacts and sync them to Google. Put the same Google account in the new phone, sync it and you have all your contacts (and apps and a lot of other things) on the new phone.
    11-13-2014 11:15 PM