Why is the battery on my S4 Mini- GT I9192 draining so fast?

S4 Mini

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
S4 Mini- GT I9192 battery Discharge

I bought Samsung S4 Mini GT i9192 in August 2014 and i was pretty much happy about the same. But one fine day almost after two and half months i.e. October 2014, i started encountering problem that after putting the phone on Charging and switching the phone off even for a minute, My battery use to drain say from 48 % it will jump to 12% while putting the phone off and even starting it after a minute on charging, or at times it will jump to 56% from 20 % in a minute while putting the ph on charging and switching it on again.

When i went to samsung service centre, first they told me that they have not noticed the problem, but for me the problem persisted. Than next day when the same thing happened again, i took the screen shot of the battery and took the ph to centre again. they told me its the battery problem and they replaced me the battery since my phone was under warranty. but after coming back from there, on the very same day i observed that problem was not resolved.

on visiting the centre again they asked me to leave the phone with them. Next day i got a call that my ph is repaired and they have replaced the mother board. But after taking the delivery of the phone, to my utter surprise i traced out that the problem was not resoled and i am still facing same problem.

can anyone around here suggest me the solution or is the legal remedy only solution left with me?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: S4 Mini- GT I9192 battery Discharge

It sounds like it could be a battery problem, or the phone is not accurately calculating the battery level. If they said they changed the motherboard and it wasn't fixed, I would see if you can get a replacement.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 Mini- GT I9192 battery Discharge

My rule, after many years in the business:

It's under warranty. They had a few shots at fixing it. Now replace it. (They'll replace it with a refurb, but the one you have is no longer new either.) Just make sure that you have everything backed up. If you value your time at $10/hour (not much these days), how much have you already spent in troubleshooting and bringing in a phone that you're supposed to get fixed for free? $50 altogether? If you want to waste your time, it's up to you, but my first reaction to "it's fixed" and it isn't is "please give me a refurb". (I've had no problem with doing that more than once. And, as a dealer, my distributors never argued with phones sent back to them as defective.)