lines are colourful going vertically with more on the bottom than top. Tried removing battery and have no insurance. Tried buying a case for it, but they had none and never got any in. Couldn't find one in any stores in Ontario or Portland Maine
    Attached Thumbnails my LG had a soft landing on a binder, but now has colourful lines.-dscn5918.jpg  
    11-14-2014 11:48 AM
    Welcome to AC.☺

...Albeit under sad circumstances. I think your phone will need the attentions of a qualified repairer. With luck, the fall may have done minor damage which will be easily and cheaply fixable....but don't be too optimistic.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 04:04 PM
    drat I was afraid of that. If it's a Bell phone, do I just take it into the Bell store?
    11-14-2014 04:33 PM
    It could be a loosened plug - but it could also be a damaged LCD layer on the screen.

There used to be a saying about huge vacuum tubes used for high power transmitters (one tube cost about the then-equivalent of a new flagship phone) - you can drop it on concrete but be careful around feather beds. IOW, it's not what you drop it on, it's exactly how it drops - on which corner, with what spin, etc. A drop on the wrong corner of a phone two feet onto a bed could do more damage than a 5 foot drop flat on the back to a solid wood floor.

As belodion said, it needs a visit to a repair shop if you don't want to put up with the lines.

Look on Amazon for iBlason or Spigen cases. A TPU case takes up a lot of shock when a phone falls. (Put it on an Amazon credit card - if you don't have one, getting one will give you about $5 off the order [or some percentage - I forget] - and buy an Amazon gift card to make the order total $35 so you get free shipping. Then use the gift card to pay the credit card bill. Keep doing that and you'll never pay shipping from Amazon.)

Edit: Bell would maintain the warranty, would know the phone, and might just give you a refurb while you wait, so that's what I would do. (It's what I did with my AT&T Note 3 - and walked out with a working phone.)
    11-14-2014 04:37 PM
    thank you, that sound like some sage advice!
    11-15-2014 06:48 PM