I had the google search/ talk bar on my home screen before and took it off now I can't get it back on.? And wanted to know how to get more weather widget's.? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2014 01:22 AM
    Long-press a blank, icon-free area of a home screen and you should get the option to open the widget locker. You may find what you're looking for in there. You can manoeuvre widgets once they're on a home screen by long-pressing and sliding them about, including to the edge of a home screen if you want to move them to the adjacent home screen. Excuse me if you knew this already.
    Also, when you download a weather app, there's usually an option to attach a widget from it to a home screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-16-2014 08:11 AM
    Or just search the Play Store for weather widget.
    11-16-2014 03:05 PM
    Thank you for the help I can get to my widget's were I once found the google bar had it on my home screen then deleted it and now want it back but now it's not there under widgets and wasn't sure if there is a way to get it back.

11-16-2014 04:31 PM
    That's strange. Have you somehow disabled the app? Go to Settings, Apps, swipe to All, scroll to the Google Search app, open, and see whether it has been disabled.

A slightly quicker way of doing the above is to long-press the Google Search icon in the app tray - not on the home screen if you have it there too - and manoeuvre it up to App Info, which should appear at the top of the screen. Then you can manage the app as above.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-16-2014 06:20 PM
    Are you rooted or using a custom launcher?

If you are using the stock launcher the Google search should be in the disabled tab. Go to settings - apps and swipe to the left until you find it. It's the last tab after downloaded, running and all. You can enable it back from there.
    11-16-2014 06:27 PM
    I some how disabled it thank you for
    your help I was able to get it back

belodion likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:22 AM
    Glad it helped.

With the stock launcher, disabling Google search it's the only way to hide the bar. The thing is that even not being there the space in the screen is "taken" and you can't use it to put other icons or Widgets.

To do that you'll need a custom launcher and you'll be able to change the position, size or looks of the Search bar. Or if you prefer, get rid of it and use that space for other things.
    11-17-2014 04:13 AM