Email/Gmail Galaxys5 Active

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I was using just the email app as it had all my emails. I'd get the little app notification but also for Gmail as well for one account. I grew tired of having all these little mail icons at the top as it would show me Gmail envelope and regular email envelope at the top. Now for email I get the blinking LED notification light for that.

However I thought I'd try Gmail instead and can see where you can add different emails. When I do that, no blinky LED for any of them only the symbol at the top that I have an email if I turn the phone on from sleep.

So, does it have to be regular email to only get the LED or can I just use Gmail for all and am I missing something for the LED? It's set up in notifications to blink.
Which one is better if there is a better and how do you have your push notifications set? You can see at the top there is the Gmail envelope and regular. This is what I had been trying to eliminate.

Does this make sense?
b301fdd9a19a6a0e5986bf7515cdbcc2.jpg

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I used to have similar issues but now, by using the new gmail 5.0 for everything, including a non gmail account, it all runs better. You can control settings for each account but the notifications will only show one icon in the status bar. Gmail is always push, but you can set the sync frequency for other accounts. LED behavior differs by phone, but you can try something like Lightflow to customize.

Posted via the Android Central App

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I use a hotmail account as my default email but no matter how much I tinker with the settings and despite the frequency being set to push I do not receive emails as soon as they arrive? Any ideas why this is? It was never an issue with my iPhone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your screen is saying that you have 2 email apps running and you have notifications enabled on both of them. Disable notifications (all notifications) on one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital