Still more freakeeze on my S4

suthern_man

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Just replaced my S4 under warranty but the new phone has all kinds of bizarre crap happening.

Some of the issues are app related like PowerAmp keeps jumping out of playlists by itself. But others are in the phone itself like volume changes erratically, apps routinely launch themselves when my phone is sitting on the table next to me untouched, WiFi cuts off & on (I have phone set to switch to Wifi whenever I'm home) but it happens in places that never drop.

Same with other settings like screen rotation, brightness, etc. It's like the phone has a mind of its own. (I know, technically it *does* have a mind of its own but this isn't a good thing)

What I'm not sure of is whether any of these anomalies are related to the phone or to the OS since I just upgraded to 4.4.4.

Is anyone else out there having similar issues since upgrading?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a recent replacement? Take it back and ask for one that works this time. (I'll bring a replacement back once a day if they can't get it right. Twice, if I happen to be on that side of town. Eventually, it'll cost them so much just in the time they take talking to me that the manager will tell them to give me a new phone. I don't bother fixing things that are under a replacement warranty - that's someone else's worry. Even as a dealer, if it couldn't be fixed in a couple of minutes, it went back to the distributor. I'm retired, but my time is still worth more than zero.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance