My phone had started acting up about two days now. It started when mu messenger app uninstalled by itself. Then the phone stopped picking up my networks. I would constantly have to reboot the phone for it to work. Things became drastic when the apps on the phone like google services would stop for no reason at all. Things are at a down hill now that the phone refuses to turn on fully. It would turn un on stops t the BLU insignia. It does nothing else. I desperately need some trouble shooting steps. I've only had this phone for two months.
    11-16-2014 01:30 PM
    I've only had this phone for two months.
    Then it's under warranty, so it's Blu's problem, not yours. Have it replaced. Why waste time doing something you don't have to do?
    11-16-2014 01:54 PM
    You could attempt to access recovery (the hardware key combination will be on Google) and perform a factory reset. You'll lose your apps and OS settings but I think your data should be in tact.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sidney Henry likes this.
    11-16-2014 03:32 PM
    The phone was purchased at a retailer so that is not an option. Thank you though.
    11-16-2014 04:21 PM
    The phone does not go bast the opening "BLU" screen so the factory test does not seem possible. However thank you I think I learnt something new.
    11-16-2014 04:22 PM
    The phone does not go bast the opening "BLU" screen so the factory test does not seem possible. However thank you I think I learnt something new.
    Have you actually tried though?

11-16-2014 05:40 PM
    I'm currently trying to figure out how to do such. Any suggestions?
    11-16-2014 06:05 PM
    The phone was purchased at a retailer so that is not an option. Thank you though.
    Uh ... excuse me, but since when can a retailer sell defective merchandise without having to replace it or refund your money? What kind of country do you live in? In the US the retailer has to sell working products.
    11-17-2014 12:32 AM
    I'm currently trying to figure out how to do such. Any suggestions?
    What's the model?

11-17-2014 08:22 AM
    You could attempt to access recovery (the hardware key combination will be on Google) and perform a factory reset. You'll lose your apps and OS settings but I think your data should be in tact.

Heyyyy!!!! Thank you very much. I figured it out and my phone is up and running.
    11-17-2014 11:26 AM
    Uh ... excuse me, but since when can a retailer sell defective merchandise without having to replace it or refund your money? What kind of country do you live in? In the US the retailer has to sell working products.
    This is a little uncalled for, don't you think?
    11-17-2014 11:45 AM
    Heyyyy!!!! Thank you very much. I figured it out and my phone is up and running.
    Nice one dude.

Hopefully it'll be more stable this time.

11-17-2014 05:33 PM
    This is a little uncalled for, don't you think?
    No. If I bought a phone and it didn't work I'd bring it back. I even made Target give me a refund for a $15 hand vacuum that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few minutes (and the 2 replacements they let me try in the store wouldn't either). It's your right to get something working when you pay for it, it's not like you're asking the retailer for a favor. Of course they're not going to chase you to see if the phone works, but demand your rights, don't get ripped off. (When AT&T sent me an OTA update that bricked my phone, I asked for a repair or replacement - they broke it, they owned it. I walked out with another phone.)

I wasn't trying to be snarky, I was trying to keep you from being a doormat, the way most of the American public is. "It doesn't work? Oh, well, what can you expect?" NO! It doesn't work, fix it, replace it or give me back my money. If more people did it, the manufacturers would be forced to do better quality control.

(I grew up in a time when people took pride in their work, and if you brought a new item back to the store because it didn't work, they were embarrassed. Now they don't seem to care. I make them care. Maybe not the salesdroid, but the owner or manager who loses money by selling me a defective product.)

I'm glad you got the phone working, though.
    11-18-2014 12:20 AM
    No. If I bought a phone and it didn't work I'd bring it back. I even made Target give me a refund for a $15 hand vacuum that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few minutes (and the 2 replacements they let me try in the store wouldn't either). It's your right to get something working when you pay for it, it's not like you're asking the retailer for a favor. Of course they're not going to chase you to see if the phone works, but demand your rights, don't get ripped off. (When AT&T sent me an OTA update that bricked my phone, I asked for a repair or replacement - they broke it, they owned it. I walked out with another phone.)

I wasn't trying to be snarky, I was trying to keep you from being a doormat, the way most of the American public is. "It doesn't work? Oh, well, what can you expect?" NO! It doesn't work, fix it, replace it or give me back my money. If more people did it, the manufacturers would be forced to do better quality control.

(I grew up in a time when people took pride in their work, and if you brought a new item back to the store because it didn't work, they were embarrassed. Now they don't seem to care. I make them care. Maybe not the salesdroid, but the owner or manager who loses money by selling me a defective product.)

I'm glad you got the phone working, though.
    They'd most likely perform a factory reset as a starting point tbh, provided they didn't swap the device.

11-18-2014 09:06 AM