Is it possible to upgrade any and all android tablets with low internal storage onboard?

jhaskins20018

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading any and all android tablets with low internal storage onboard.

I have read numerous articles as well as downloading most internal swap apps via google play, most free and some paid and ALL have done absolutely ZERO to solve the age old problem of being stuck with limited internal storage or not being able to root and remove the factory applications from the internal storage to free up more space and finally the myth being presented that using a external sd card will take the place of a pre installed internal device storage which basically takes whatever APK you install directly to the external card and it morph right back to the internal storage and you wind up with Androids version of the Blue Screen of Death with, " Not enough Storage to install, even though you have more than enough there.

Can a motherboard switch which has a higher internal onboard storage device be feasible with in the same android OS [ example 4.2.2 originally with 1 GB internal storage to a 4.2.2 with 2 GB internal Storage ]

It is so frustrating to see all these tablets no matter their cost to be limited when you have over 400,000 android apps and you can't download much at all because of the limitations and not to many of us can go spend $600 for a Tab and still be severely limited in application installs, but I also know it is impractical to switch out storage devices on motherboards due to the pin and soldering done unless you have special equipment.

I have a Bassoon which is a knockoff generic of the Samsung p1000, 4.2.2 Jellybean and this tablet has fantastic sound output, but a 512 ram internal which in todays technical world, is Neanderthal. Will downloading apk's to a USB storage device solve my problem or when I plug it in to install will the internal onboard device just take over and I will face the limited storage error message. Please, do not tell me about those SD to ext storage apps, cause all they are graphics showing you apps they say can be moved, when physically they can not, and if anyone has a sure fired answer, not only will it help me, but a million + other android tablet owners as well UNLESS the industry has restrictions in place and it is all about marketing and advertisement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgrading any and all android tablets with low internal storage onboard.

Can a motherboard switch which has a higher internal onboard storage device be feasible with in the same android OS [ example 4.2.2 originally with 1 GB internal storage to a 4.2.2 with 2 GB internal Storage ]
Sure, if you can find a motherboard built for your tablet that has more storage.

The only way to use the external SD card as the internal storage is either by rooting the phone and changing the mounts of the partitions or by rewriting the ROM. I've tried swap apps too (just out of curiosity - swapping internal 32GB with external 32GB doesn't actually accomplish anything) and found all of them wanting, at best. OTOH, my old Samsung Precedent has 2GB of "internal" storage, because it's running a ROM that uses the SD card as sd0.

jhaskins20018

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, your reply was very professional and informative. I will research a replacement motherboard offered by my tablets manufacturer with a higher internal storage ram. I will still research how to delete present internal apps I do not need to free up space if possible to do as long as the manufacturer has no restrictions placed on doing it to their product.:D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I will still research how to delete present internal apps I do not need to free up space if possible to do as long as the manufacturer has no restrictions placed on doing it to their product.:D
You can uninstall any apps that Application manager has an Uninstall button for. To uninstall others (what's called "bloat") requires rooting the tablet - which voids the warranty. (Unless you're located in the EU - there may be a statutory restriction on that, which you'll have to check out locally.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781