Why aren't the Hangouts messages being received unless the app is opened on a Sideloaded 5.0 OTA?

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Sideloaded 5.0 OTA update - Hangouts not working properly

SO

My buddy on Hangouts does NOT receive my texts until he opens the Hangouts messaging app and loads them. It is not a question of "Are his notifications working properly" as the messages are visibly loaded after he opens the app.

Additionally

I have had two instances where the app will randomly send texts via my google voice number (which I have NOT used since signing up for it some time early last year) and while I am sending a text via hangouts, the receiver is receiving texts from some random number. Also when this happens I receive emails logging the conversation? Very frustrating and it randomly fixed itself after about an hour. This was NOT for everyone - only select contacts at a random time.

The Google Voice issue happened once before the 5.0 OTA sideload so that may be something I have messed up on my end. But the delayed text is NEW.

Any thoughts and or ideas on how to fix these issues?

jagreci

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with not receiving texts until I open the hangouts app and load them. Weird. This was after the sideload update also. I have tried everything and look for all kinds of internet posts and haven't come across any until yours. I am going nuts with this.