Dear my friends. 1 week ago I tried to manually update Android 5. 0 on my Nexus 5 device. But when the update ended I was back on Android 4.4.4. And now I'm wondering and I'm kind of afraid because I didn't receive Android OTA update. was there any problem with my installation and if so what should I do to get properly update Android 5.0?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-17-2014 09:30 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Depending on the PC you used, that might have been the problem. Was it a Windows 8?
    11-17-2014 10:03 AM
    Yes it was... So? Will I have any probs? (Thanks for replying so quickly)

Posted via the Android Central App on nexus 5
    11-17-2014 11:50 AM
    I did this the other day, and it went really well. Now running Lollipop! Search for ''I got lollipop and here's how to do it''.
    11-17-2014 01:55 PM
    I suspect that your phone was rooted at one time (even if it isn't any more) or you're running a non-stock ROM. One of the first things an update does is check the environment it's in to make sure the ROM isn't rooted, and it's the stock ROM. (Updating a phone that's had its ROM modified, either by flashing a new one or by doing things you can only do when rooted, can hard-brick a phone.) That applies to updates you do manually or over the air updates - it's the same update file.

If that's the case, restore the latest stock ROM you can find. (If it's not 4.4.4, the phone will update to 4.4.4, then update to Lollipop - eventually. [You get put back at the end of the queue. You can try About device/Software update to force it.])
    11-17-2014 03:02 PM
    I suspect that your phone was rooted at one time (even if it isn't any more) or you're running a non-stock ROM. One of the first things an update does is check the environment it's in to make sure the ROM isn't rooted, and it's the stock ROM. (Updating a phone that's had its ROM modified, either by flashing a new one or by doing things you can only do when rooted, can hard-brick a phone.) That applies to updates you do manually or over the air updates - it's the same update file.

If that's the case, restore the latest stock ROM you can find. (If it's not 4.4.4, the phone will update to 4.4.4, then update to Lollipop - eventually. [You get put back at the end of the queue. You can try About device/Software update to force it.])
    Yes I did rooted my device back then when Android 5.0 was on developer mode. But then I unrooted my device on stock Android. So now I have to do what? Id didn't understand please make it clear I'm a newbie in this section.

Posted via the Android Central App on nexus 5
    11-17-2014 11:06 PM
    You could try a toolkit to help you. They should be found on XDA.
    11-18-2014 05:33 PM