A friend blocked me on Facebook a few days ago and unblocked me after a couple of hours. Ever since then we can't chat through Messenger. When she (the friend who blocked and unblocked me) tries to message me she gets those circled red exclamation marks next to all her messages and keeps getting them no matter how many times she tries to resend them, but I RECEIVE them anyway, On the contrary, when I'm messaging her, my messages are shown as successfully sent in my chatbox (opaque blue) but she doesn't receive them in her Messenger. The only time we are able to chat is when she is online with her laptop (browser). But even then, when we are chatting neither of us get the "Seen" confirmation when we read each other's messages. We have both tried reinstalling Messenger, logging out and back in to Facebook but nothing works. This is a very frustrating issue and it's hopefully something that can be resolved with your help.
    11-17-2014 09:50 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I am curious if this is a bug in the whole site/application. Reason is this happens on the desktop site as well. Have you tried emailing FB and telling them?
    11-17-2014 10:09 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I am curious if this is a bug in the whole site/application. Reason is this happens on the desktop site as well. Have you tried emailing FB and telling them?
    In my case it only happens with this specific friend and it started happening right after she blocked and later unblocked me. Before that everything was fine. I have sent Facebook a few emails via the "Report a problem" feature in the Messenger app but I'm not getting any feedback from them.
    11-17-2014 10:19 AM
    In my case it only happens with this specific friend and it started happening right after she blocked and later unblocked me. Before that everything was fine. I have sent Facebook a few emails via the "Report a problem" feature in the Messenger app but I'm not getting any feedback from them.
    I am not really sure there is anything more that you can do.
    11-17-2014 10:21 AM