So I have been struggling with this for quite some time now and decided I better ask. I would like to have my photos on my phone backed up, but would like other photos in the album to stop downloading to my phone. I have turned off Auto-Backup, but then turn it back on when I have a bunch more photos on my device to back up. When I turn it back on, it then downloads all the photos in my camera album back to my device. What I would like to do is backup my photos from my device and store them on Google+, but not have the others download back to my device when I turn Auto-Backup on. Every time it does that it takes up most of my device storage. This has been so frustrating to me and any advice would be great. I am using the "photos" app on the phone to control this. And I delete photos from the "on device" tab, but like I said the ones that are backed up in Google+ then download right back to the device. And all the photos on my device are saving into the "camera" album. So any photo that was ever taken with this phone just downloads right back to the phone. Any help would be great! Thanks!
    11-17-2014 12:02 PM
    Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙋
    It sounds like there's a setting that needs to be adjusted, either on the phone or G +.

I have a GS5 and it uploads all my pictures to G+, but never downloads back to my phone.

Sorry I can't help much at the moment, I'm at work, so I'll check the settings on G+ to see if there's a setting about that.
    I'll let you know later, or you can check yours if you have the time.
    11-17-2014 12:28 PM
    Yeah its a frustrating Picasa thing that I've never managed to figure out!! With my note 4 I choose to only show pictures on the device in the gallery app, before that (nexus 5) I disabled the stock gallery app and used the Google photo app instead.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-17-2014 03:22 PM