I have just bought a glaxy s5 and need to transfer everything from my s2.. contacts, music, pictures, apps etc.. can you recommend some pc software to do this? or any other tips?
    11-17-2014 12:25 PM
    Welcome to AC.☺

Once you sign in to your Google account on the S5, large quantities of personal data should download into the phone. Have you got that far yet?

Posted via Android Central App
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Samsung Kies is probably the easiest way on Samsung devices: How do I Transfer Content between two Samsung devices using Kies 2.6? : Cell Phones | Samsung
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:49 PM
    I did get some downloads from Samsung but I never backed up my s2 so there's not much.

I've tried kies3 but the s2 is incompatible .. so i'm guessing the s5 is incompatible with older versions.. i'll try it anyway later.. thanks
    11-17-2014 01:58 PM
    Worst case - connect the S2 to your computer. Copy everything that you want from the S2 to the computer. Disconnect the S2 and connect the S5. Copy everything from the computer to the S5.

I never backed up my s2
    That's not as bad as saying "I cross busy highways with my eyes closed", but it's close. Make weekly backups (unless nothing has changed on your phone that week that you care about) a religion. And if you're going to do anything that has the slightest possibility of causing a problem, make a backup first. (I just went through that this morning - installed a new version of my launcher. I've done it many times with no problem, but I still made a fresh backup first. Yes, it can take an hour, but it can save days of work when something goes wrong [like when I flashed a keyboard to the system partition and was left with a box of non-working parts. It took about 5 minutes to restore the phone. Thank you, HashCode.])
    11-17-2014 02:55 PM