Hi,

I have a Motorola Atrix 2 running 4.0.4. I like reading Kindle books from my phone, but the Amazon Kindle app slows the phone and drains the battery. I've force stopped the app, but it always restarts on its own during the day.

Browser-based Kindle Cloud Reader (KCR) won't load on my mobile browser, saying I need to download the Kindle app. I downloaded a Flash apk and used some different mobile browsers allegedly compatible with Flash, but no luck yet. Using Now Browser and switching the user agent to desktop, I was able to log into KCR, but after I logged in, I got a scrollable background, but it looked blank. Not sure if it's the wrong user agent string, or the Flash is incompatible.

Any ideas?
    11-17-2014 01:19 PM
    Browser-based Kindle Cloud Reader (KCR) won't load on my mobile browser, saying I need to download the Kindle app.
    Because that's what it uses to read Kindle content. It's just a front end for the reader.

I downloaded a Flash apk and used some different mobile browsers allegedly compatible with Flash, but no luck yet.
    Kindle isn't Flash.

Using Now Browser and switching the user agent to desktop, I was able to log into KCR, but after I logged in, I got a scrollable background, but it looked blank. Not sure if it's the wrong user agent string, or the Flash is incompatible.
    It's probably because browser Kindle readers use the Kindle app.

I just tried read.amazon.com with Firefox in desktop mode. After signing in, I got all my Kindle books listed. But it was MUCH slower than the Kindle app. Evidently there's really no fast way to read Kindle content from the cloud with any speed without an actual Kindle or a desktop or laptop (my old desktop read the content in Firefox much faster than my new phone did).
    11-17-2014 11:45 PM