Which phone should I buy?

harre98

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everyone. I'm a proud owner of a Nexus 5 and I've been buying the new Nexus every year since the Galaxy Nexus. I live in Bosnia, and I've gotten lucky over the past few years with transportation, however this year I can't get it until June so I've been trying to make my mind up between a few other phones I can get immediately. I don't think it's much of an upgrade to buy an HTC One M8, or a Galaxy S5, so I've realized that the best upgrades to my current phone are the LG G3 and Note 4. Are there any other good phones that I'm forgetting?

The Note 4 would be perfect, but I really hate Touchwiz. I'm annoyed by it in every way shape and form. My friend has an S5, which is a pretty powerful phone, and Touchwiz still manages to stutter. If I was to root and flash Cyanogenmod onto the Note 4 I'd be losing quite a bit of what makes it the Note 4, so I'm really torn about that. My budget is around $700 so the Note 4 is a bit out of my price range, but if it's really worth it I could get the extra cash.

On the other hand, I have the G3. I've used one for a couple of hours today and it stutters quite a bit. This is probably because of its software. Would I lose much if I was to root and flash Cyanogenmod on it feature wise? Also, it has a Snapdragon 801 with an Adreno 330, while both the Nexus 6 and Note 4 have a Snapdragon 805 with an Adreno 420. Is there a significant difference in performance?

Thanks to anyone that helps!

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Unless you are absolutely set on another Android phone, look at the Nokia 1520. It's a bit larger than the note 4. I used Android for years but love the WP OS and the 1520.