Picture an elderly woman in her 70's, how doesn't want and doesn't need to learn nothing more than "click here". I want to be able to share photos with her so that all the effort is on my side and she just needs to run an app and scroll through photos. I live in another country, so preferably this should be as fool proof as possible.

I wanted to use Google Drive for that, as it looks like an ideal candidate (integration with Google+ Photos on Android, sharing, simplicity, etc.), but it turns out that Google+ Photos app doesn't show pictures that are shared with the account, only ones that are in the main folder. If there aren't any better solutions, i can do the "log in, move all shared photos to the main folder, log out" thing, but maybe there is something more suitable for my purposes.

So, are there any better solutions, that don't require manual intervention from my side and don't require ANY effort from user's side? I.e. is there an app/service, with which i can share photos with an account and they just magically show up on an Android device so that the user can scroll them and look at them? also, preferably photos would NOT be synced locally but rather downloaded on the fly and deleted afterwards.
    11-18-2014 04:17 AM
    Hey..you can try with the Koofr app - it has similar functions to Google Drive and it's more user friendly. Let me know how it worked for you.

Greetings, S
    11-18-2014 08:40 AM
    Tell her, from a man in his 70s, that she DOES need to learn. We don't drop coins in pay phones any more, FDR is dead and women can wear pants in public. (I don't know if those are good things - I'm still an irascible old coot - but we keep adapting or we're no better than walking meat.) It's not that difficult for a halfway-intelligent 70-something to learn how to log into a site to view pictures. Especially if someone sets her app or browser to remember her login and password. (I picture an elderly woman every evening and every morning, and she's on Facebook at least a few times a day. And 2 years ago she "didn't need a phone for anything but making phone calls". Taker her smartphone away from her now? She'd kill you.)
    User_2014 likes this.
    11-18-2014 05:53 PM