I own a new Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 with Kitkat 4.4.2 , I am facing issue with the mixing of numbers having last 7 digits same, whenever I call or SMS either receive or send to a number, the name appear on the screen will always picked up from contacts if having same last seven digits. I also have 4 Number of my family having same last seven digits whereas differ for first 4 digits. But only same single name from the contacts appears for all four numbers when being called or SMS. Same contacts were also available on other phone like Note 2 and S4 but no such issue

Is some Phones or region only use the last 7 digits when it compare the incoming number with the contact list.
    Is there somebody to help.
    11-18-2014 04:18 AM
    I too have the same issue on my Note 4. In fact, I remember the same thing was true on my Nexus 4 as well. So, it's clearly an OS issue. Did you ever find a fix to this issue? Anyone else out there with this problem? To restate the issue: I have two contacts who just coincidentally happen to have matching last 7 digits. One's in U.S. and another in India! With all the proper country and city code extensions saved as part of the contact info. And yet, when the U.S. contact calls me, it shows the number as the US number, but picks up the Indian contact's name. What's the deal with this? Is it because it only uses the last 7 digits to match the contact?
    04-13-2015 04:45 AM