In previous versions of Android, my Picasa Web albums would be automatically downloaded to my device and I could view them in the stock Gallery app.

My phone has just updated to Lollipop and it appears that the Photos app has replaced the Gallery app. Can I view my Picasa Web Albums in this app? I am not on Google+ (nor do I want to be)
    11-18-2014 04:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you have Picasa web albums, they're on your Google+ account, because Google acquired Picasa a while ago and essentially made it into Google+ Photos. As long as you haven't shared them with anyone, they're completely private, and not part of a social network.

Open Photos, swipe in from the left, and select Albums. You should see all of your web albums there, assuming you have it set to sync in Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account].
    11-18-2014 04:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

When I swipe to the left, I don't get an option for Albums. All I get is Photos, On device, Bin. I don't have a Google+ profile that I know of, so how can my photos possibly be on it? All my photos are on picasaweb.com
    11-19-2014 06:50 AM
    On your computer browser, when you go to picasaweb.com, does the URL ultimately still say picasaweb? For me, it automatically gets redirected to plus.google.com/photos.

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]. Do you see any of the following? Google+ Photos, Google Photos, Picasa, Gallery
    11-19-2014 10:28 AM
    My url still refers to Picasaweb.

In my phone account settings it does not refer to any of those photo options. Prior to the upgrade to Lollipop I had an entry for Google Photos.
    11-19-2014 01:16 PM
    Google Photos (not Google+ Photos) was what needed to be checked to sync Picasa albums to the stock Gallery in KitKat. I'm not sure what to tell you about your situation, because I can't duplicate it--I already have a Google+ account, and Picasa automatically redirects to Google+ Photos. I can see that there's a way to get back to the old Picasaweb site, but it would be difficult for me to test on my device, since I'd have to delete my G+ account.

I believe QuickPic can show your Picasa albums, so that's probably your best alternative.
    Rukbat and grt1973 like this.
    11-19-2014 06:17 PM
    QuickPic works great! Thanks very much for your assistance.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-20-2014 01:22 PM