I recently switched from an iphone to an s5 I noticed that if I am in a grp text with other iphones they cant see my text or I cant see theirs, they have even deleted my contact because of imessage. Any suggestions.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2014 10:12 PM
    Unfortunately afaik it isn't possible for a non-apple phone to participate in group chats like that - they run on imessage, and there would be no way of threading it based on SMS comms. Your best bet is to use something like WhatsApp or Viber that's cross-platform.

11-18-2014 10:35 PM
    Thanks for your reply i'll try those apps you suggested.

11-19-2014 01:57 PM
    FYI, Apple claimed to be aware of the problem months ago, and claimed they were working on it. (iMessage causes a lot more problems with the rest of the world - Android, Windows, BB, etc. - than just group messaging), but I haven't found out whether it'll actually be looked at before Andromeda and the Milky Way collide. Apple is notorious for blaming all problems that they cause on the rest of the world. (Steve Jobs, for as much as he is to be admired for, had an ego that was larger than any other construct in the history of the universe. If Apple invented something, he expected the rest of the world to just accept it as the standard way of doing things. I hope he's met reality since he passed, it was a total stranger to him while he was alive.)
    11-20-2014 01:44 PM