Why is my streaming video quality terrible on my galaxy tab 4 the 7inch version?

dsogogo

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Why is my streaming video quality terrible on my galaxy tab 4 the 7inch version?

I have an I pad also but I wanted a smaller tablet so i went with the tab 4 instead of the ipad mini and i am super disappointed. The quality of streaming video is TERRRIBLE. IT's EXTREMLY pixelated and god awful I can't even watch it! Youtube videos look disgusting. Netflix looks disgusting.

On the ipad retina everything looks like it's HD perfectly clear. and i have very fast internet. I mean it's perfect and it's a bigger screen!!

I don't understand! is there some setting I can change? Or is the tablet just really terrible for streaming?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
and i have very fast internet.
That's between your router and your ISP. You can't buy the speed you get once you're past your ISP - you get what's there. If your path from your ISP to the Youtube server you're watching on is slow, you'll get buffering. (Which has nothing to do with pixelation, which is loss of signal bits.)

If everything is pixelated I'd suspect a bad motherboard, connector or screen. If only streaming video (try at least 5 sites other than Youtube) is pixelated I'd suspect a bad wifi receiver or intermittent wifi antenna connection.

In either case, if it's only Youtube, there's nothing you can do about what path you get on the internet and how crowded it is. If it's all video streaming, I'd ask for a replacement tablet. (And check Youtube in the store before accepting it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2