I own a Nexus 7 2012(WiFi) and I didn't want to wait for the OTA of Lollipop so I downloaded the Factory Image from the Google Dev page and flashed it using the Nexus Toolkit. I also unlocked it and rooted it. But now for some strange reason this icon is appearing on my status bar. It's a plain circle with a forward slash in it, like you see on "no smoking" signs. Everything else seems to be working fine. I don't think it's hurting anything, more of a nuisance really. I was wondering if anyone here knew why this icon is there, and if there's a way to remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    11-19-2014 02:31 PM
    I own a Nexus 7 2012(WiFi) and I didn't want to wait for the OTA of Lollipop so I downloaded the Factory Image from the Google Dev page and flashed it using the Nexus Toolkit. I also unlocked it and rooted it. But now for some strange reason this icon is appearing on my status bar. It's a plain circle with a forward slash in it, like you see on "no smoking" signs. Everything else seems to be working fine. I don't think it's hurting anything, more of a nuisance really. I was wondering if anyone here knew why this icon is there, and if there's a way to remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Can you post a screen shot? That would be most helpful.
    11-19-2014 02:57 PM
    Can you post a screen shot? That would be most helpful.
    Sure. It's up at the top next to the WiFi icon. I don't remember if it was there on the initial boot up after flashing or if it popped up after installing some apps. But what I do know is I've never seen it before the flashing, on kitkat.

What is this strange icon on my status bar?-screenshot_2014-11-19-16-35-14.png
    11-19-2014 03:41 PM
    You have set your "Interruptions" to "Don't interrupt". Go to Settings/Sound & notification/Interruptions. I'm not entirely sure what this does though.

Posted via Android Central App
    Jon Figaro likes this.
    11-19-2014 09:07 PM
    Looks to me like the no SIM card is installed symbol. When you turn off WiFi, does you 4G our whatever show up ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2014 09:23 PM
    Thanks, Bslate09. That did it! I'm not sure how I went about disabling interruptions, but whatever.
    11-19-2014 10:12 PM