Why isn't my phone showing the number of unread messages or text messages I have(Stock) and Gmail?

jbrownup1

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No counter for unread messages for text messages (Stock) and GMail..

My Droid Maxx is not showing the number of unread messages on the message icon and the GMail icon. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything to fix this. I have run in safe mode with still the same problem. I cleared datat and cache on both badger app and message app and did an FDR. After the FDR, I got the counter to come back but then after turning off the phone and charging overnight, I won't come back up again. Thanks for any help in advance.

Jason

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: No counter for unread messages for text messages (Stock) and GMail..

My Droid Maxx is not showing the number of unread messages on the message icon and the GMail icon. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything to fix this. I have run in safe mode with still the same problem. I cleared datat and cache on both badger app and message app and did an FDR. After the FDR, I got the counter to come back but then after turning off the phone and charging overnight, I won't come back up again. Thanks for any help in advance.

Jason

Have you been able to do this before? It may be a widget, rather than simply adding the app icon to the home screen. Check the widgets and see if there's anything for texts and calls. If there isn't, then you can grab widgets in the Play Store that will do just that.

jbrownup1

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: No counter for unread messages for text messages (Stock) and GMail..

thanks for the response srkmagnus, but the crazy thing is that all of a sudden the darn unread count worked 2 days ago!!! Out of nowhere!! I did nothing different, it just started working. Of course, turned it off for the night and lost it again. I have been able to see this before and i know its a little thing, but its just so annoying knowing that my phone isn't quite working right.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech